Type: RN - Clinic (Nights)
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Fidé is currently seeking an RN with Clinic experience for a 13-week contract in Pittsburgh, PA.
Minimum Requirements: The following experience is required: 2+ years of current Clinic experience.
- Performs a nursing assessment on all patients within 8 hours of admission. The data collected forms the basis of an individualized plan of care. Identifies teaching needs and goals related to the diagnosis of each patient from the nursing admission assessment and by
- collaborating with patient/family and the Interdisciplinary team.
- Provides patient information and status in a timely manner for the Initial Team Conference and for Re-evaluation Team Conferences on a weekly basis. Responsible and accountable for accurate, succinct and timely documentation of all assessments, interventions and patient’s response in the medical record in accordance with policy.
- Participates in the patient rehabilitation program on an assigned unit. Is responsible and accountable for direct patient care by utilizing the nursing process of assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care with a priority on the education of the patient/family/significant other based on the health care needs identified. Uses a positive and encouraging approach to achieve patient goals and quality outcomes.
- Initiates discharge planning on all patients from the day of admission. Initiates patient teaching in anticipation of the discharge date.
- Communicates all pertinent information regarding changes in patient’s status from one care provider to another, to support continuity of care and patient safety. This includes the attending physician and the Charge Nurse. Seeks consultation from more senior nursing staff in support of complex clinical decision-making.
- Provides direction, training and supervision of ancillary nursing personnel by utilizing problem solving techniques in decision making, organizing, setting priorities and using time effectively. Delegates appropriately.
- Provides for and assures personal and environmental safety in accordance with hospital and nursing policies and procedures.
- Positively contributes to the functioning of the unit by providing calm direction and reassurance to ancillary staff, other departments,
- patients and families. Participates in team building activities on the unit to create a positive and efficient work environment.
- Maintains communication with manager and senior nursing staff related to service needs such as necessary supplies, equipment (including repairs) and clinical training in order to effectively complete assigned duties. Provides care in a cost effective manner while promoting quality patient outcomes, monitors supplies and charges.
- Assumes charge responsibility following orientation period as requested.
- Identifies and initiates own professional growth, actively pursuing professional development through continuing education and self
- Prioritizes activities and plans for effective use of time and staff in meeting patient needs.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Compliance Credentials Needed for Submission:
- Current PA RN License
- Current AHA BLS
- Current AHA ACLS – must obtain by start date
- COVID Vaccination Card, exemptions allowed
- Interview Availability (days and times)
- Final RTO
Hours Per Week: 36
Weekend Requirements: TBD
Holiday Requirements: TBD
On-Call Requirement: TBD
Fidé is a Woman-Owned Business that focuses on providing top-notch candidates to healthcare facilities in rapid time. We are passionate about connecting talented people with amazing jobs. Our recruiters worked hard to provide thousands of nurses to hospitals during the COVID-19 pandemic and we continue to assist hospitals around the country with their hiring needs. We do this by developing professional relationships built upon trust and commitment.
If you have any questions about this position, please call us at 615-622-1219 or email us directly at [email protected]